WELCOME TO KELOWNA, LOCATED IN THE OKANAGAN VALLEY, BC
Urban and rural; nature and culture; playtime and downtime: Kelowna isn’t just one destination. It’s a whole bunch of them, located in one uniquely beautiful place.
- Kelowna lies in the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, the largest city on Okanagan Lake. Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly holiday, a romantic getaway, a weekend with friends, or all three, you’ve come to the right place.
- Kelowna is home to more fun-filled family options than you can shake a zipline at. Whether you’re in the mood for water activities, adventure parks, hiking trails or something a little less off-the beaten path, Kelowna can accommodate.
- Averaging over 2,000 hours of sun every year, Kelowna offers one of the longest, driest golf seasons in Canada. Vineyards, orchards, semi-desert terrain, rolling hills, and expansive lakes make the golf courses in the area some of the most picturesque in the country. That’s not all: many clubhouses also offer après golf dining experiences that range from casual to gourmet.
- With courses that range from easy-going to ego-shattering, there is something in Kelowna for every skill level. Mild weather, stunning scenery and more than 18 exceptional courses make Kelowna a must-play destination on every golf enthusiast's list!
- Kelowna is the birthplace of wine making in British Columbia; known for its top-quality wines that regularly win national and international awards. With over 30 wineries within a 20 minute drive, you’ll find plenty of terroir to swirl, sip and savour. Best of all: reservations are not required.
- Big White is Canada's largest totally ski-in/ski-out resort village, located one hour from the Kelowna International Airport, has everything you would expect from a world-class resort.
- Spectacular scenery of the Monashee Mountains, groomed & powder runs and a state-of-the-art lift system, the resort is blessed with ideal ski and snowboard conditions, receiving over 750cm of dry powder snow annually.
We always have a great way to enjoy the outdoors and the multi-faceted beauty of the changing seasons here in Kelowna. Fill the sun-drenched days of summer with paddle boarding or kayaking on Okanagan Lake. Explore the surrounding hillsides and forests on foot, by bike, or on horseback through our many trails where, just steps from our urban city, you can encounter the brilliance of nature and perhaps even some local wildlife.
Your trek is likely to be rewarded with stunning lake views, though none can quite match the spectacular Myra Canyon for a unique, scenic, and historic trail experience accessible to all skill levels. New seasons open up new possibilities with winter’s snow offering a whole array of activities, including alpine and cross country skiing, peaceful snow shoe expeditions, lakefront outdoor skating, and exhilarating.